New hobby?
When I was babysitting in church, I like it when kids come to me and ask if they can draw... Picking up those crayons again, I remembered how I used to draw and paint in class.
Art class is my favourite. Maybe because my teachers loves to put them up on the notice board, that motivates me greatly in drawing better each time. Since my Primary school days, I am already attending weekend drawing class with my younger sister, who happened to show no interest at all. When I went into Secondary education, I was even more thrilled and looked forward to art and crafts. Well, not so much of the craft, I happen to hate the crafting part. Then I also realise I wasn't very gifted in drawing either. I switched to painting. I love colours.
Art assignments are a headache to most of my classmates. I remember my dad used to watch me draw and paint in the morning, or if I did it at night, I will make sure he sees it first the next morning before I go to school. My mum didn't really show much interest in my paintings, she used to tell me I will make no living if I choose to pursue this as a career.
Counting back the years, it has been more than 15 years. If I have indeed sign up for art school, I wonder where would I be now. Maybe I will be working in a different industry, I will meet different people, and maybe I wouldn't be here today blogging abt this. Life really takes many turns. It is all about the decision you make, and your life may just takes on another path.
I used to blame on Bryan to have disrupted my life by coming here. I worried if I will ever be able to fit in back to where I used to be. But now, I am glad that this is where I am, I am glad that I came here. We began to travel more often too. I also realised that I would never have known how big this world actually is. And will I even get to know God again if I have never come here?
Bryan has encouraged me to start painting again. He even bought me new colour sets (I left my colour set back in Singapore.) As I didn't get anything for him for xmas, I decided to paint him something out of one of my recipes magazines for healthy eating! (I think my skill did deteriorate over the years...) But Bryan loves it anyway. He clipped it right next to his 2nd screen monitor besides his laptop, so he gets to look at it all the time. That was kindof sweet, isn't it?
To my dearest...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home