Monday, July 24, 2006

Haircut

I must be mad.

I've let Bryan cut away my long hair that I've kept for years.

I don't know what has gotten over me to let Bryan cut my hair. I've always been very particular about who can touch my hair and had even insisted on the same hair stylist for the past 6 years. So what makes me to trust Bryan now to do it over any other hair stylist in the States? I really dunno. So I must be mad.

It was a gamble. I took a risk and entrusted my head to Bryan. Next thing I did, close my eyes and pray to God.

The results?

I think he passed. I was in church yesterday and everyone was amazed that Bryan can do this. Well, there was no negative comments so I figure that it really wasn't that bad. Huiling even asked me where did I go for my haircut, and I replied that it was done in my bathtub. So her first response was "you cut it yourself"??? (hahaha...see? Apparently nobody thinks that Bryan can do this.)

so....How was it done?

Bryan cut them over 3 sessions in 3 days. The 1st cut was a quick snip using a pair of scissors and cut right under my shoulder in one straight line, then he rushed off to catch on a TV show. The 2nd cut took place in the next day morning, while he spent hours trying to layer down my hair using a pair of thinning scissors. The result was unsatisfying to me as my hair began curling up badly at the ends. So another day later, he spent another 2 hours or so trying to trim away all the curls and my haircut is completed. At a length so short that I almost burst into tears.

The next day morning I cld not believe it was me right in front of the mirror. I've dreamt abt this before. Standing in front of the mirror and saw that my hair was being cut away, I remember crying abt it and later realised that it was only a dream. What a relief. It was then I decided never to cut my hair short. Becos, seriously, in my dream I looked so terrible...

I am not dreaming now. I wonder who said that dreams are never accurate. Whatever you dream of will never happen in the reality. Now we know it is not true.

How do I feel?

I felt lighter, I even felt older. There are alot of mixed feelings altogether, happy and upset at the same time. The good thing is I've managed to cut down my shower time by half, and saved a ton of shampoo, treatment conditioner and hair mask. Now there are not enough hair to choke the bathtub anymore. haha..

view images at : http://cocoa.yeo.googlepages.com/haircut

Bye Bye long hair... and THank you, dear, for the "free" haircut.

ps : now who can recommend me some magic shampoo that can trigger the speed of hair growth??

2 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still can't believe you did it!! But it looks nice and light and you can experiment with lotsa different styles now. =P
And don't worry lar, I'm sure your hair will grow back fast fast =)

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Cocoa said...

haha...my sister said I've lost my mind.....

though i miss my hair very much, i like my new short hair...

oh, share one news with you. Today in church Jinyao got baptized, we are all very happy for him...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home