Sick Puppies
We got the invoice. My 2 doctors' appointment has totalled US$95.00, after the insurance deductions! And I'm talking abt consultation fees alone, medications excluded. (You can imagine Bryan's eyes popped out high and straight.)
I am recovering each day, cough and sore throat has gone from me. But now... Bryan has got the Spring allergies. He has them all -- the itchy, red and sore eyes, running nose, nose block, sore throat, shortness of breath, non-stop sneezing (and even ppl at the carpark cld hear him).
He has refused to seek proper medical attention, though I really doubt he needs to pay if he goes to the Health Centre in school.
Anyway, a shocking discovery abt Bryan. The other day he was rubbing his eyes so vigorously and so I gave him a few drops of "eye mo" but none of the 4 to 5 drops cld land into any one eye successfully. Yes, after knowing him for 6 years and to my horror, this big boy is terrified of eyedrops. It's ONLY eyedrop!! A small tiny drop of clear liquid just cannot get into his eyes. After a few tries I am readily mad at him.... I tried to force his eyes to open up but had him screaming in pain instead... In the end, I gave up and drop a few drops on his eyelids and let him navigate it into his eyes. Talk abt fedup.... but after that I just had a good laugh, simply cannot understand what is so difficult abt a few eye drops... (Bryan said... didn't you ask me why I dun wear contact lens?) HAHAhahaha...
Luckily, a friend recommended him some meds that is available at the pharmacy. So we went to buy it. Good God. The box of Claritin cost US$22.00 for 40 tablets. The good thing is he actually got better after taking Claritin, together with confinement. Yeah, he has to stay indoor now.... He even close the windows to block out pollen. (Yet those windows are opened wider during the cold winter days!)
So the outdoor is a killer for him now. He wears sunglasses to school to shade his eyes from pollen attack. Still, his condition is quite unstable. Every morning he sneezes before he wakes up fully... then it has to be followed by blowing his nose...sniff sniff, blow out nose again..... sniff sniff again, repeatedly. Luckily allergies are not contagious... I'm so afraid that I might get it too.
This morning he was in school for his finals... Good Luck, Dear!


4 Comments:
Hey, situation doesn't seem to be very good (so do mine). I think it's most important to take of the eyes. I would have advised him if I knew this earlier. Hope he's fine!
The eyedrop we bought, it is as new as it is, we have not even used it yet. Bryan is putting it off as far as he can. He rather endure the pain u know?
I get what you mean. As I understood, there are many different types of eye drop, just like there are two main types of cough syrups. Unless you are very sure it is the correct type, it's better to consult the physician if you don't get well after awhile. But yet again, physicians will probably tell you it's just viral infection.
Poor Bryan! I am sorry but I laugh so hard at the Eye Mo part. Heartless or what! Hope you two get better soon!
Post a Comment
<< Home