Smoked House
I was preparing dinner in the kitchen, and has got 2 chicken thigh meat happily in saute. Suddenly there's a very loud beeping sound, Not one that I cld recognise.
I was then trying to programme the microwave to reheat rice and had thought the sound came from it....To my horror, it was actually the fire alarm!
We immediately turn on the box fan on full speed. It was then Bryan realised that we are surrounded by smoke in the entire apartment. Luckily the alarm stopped on its own when the smoke finally went off after some time.
Well, I've heard from Jane before that she sometimes encounter the same problem with her fire alarm when cooking. That was more than a year ago. At that time I can't really understand how cooking can trigger off fire alarm. But, now I know. For a moment I had thought miserably what if the firemen come knocking on my door... hahaha...
Well, at least for now I can proudly pronounced that our old-shabby-looking-fire alarm actually works!! So it is a piece of good news afterall. Heez...
And today it was Lemon Chicken on dinner menu. I am cooking it for the first time and also the last, I told Bryan. Sadly, he liked the dish but there is no way I'm going to risk triggering that fire alarm again.
Well, maybe. Another way to do that dish is to break down the chicken in smaller pieces so that they get cooked faster in order not to give out too much smoke.
http://whatbryaneats.blogspot.com/2006/03/lemon-chicken.html


1 Comments:
Our alarm went off sooo many times when we cooked. Dunno why, tl and I are great smoke producers in the kitchen. Finally, we just took out the battery in the detector!! Solve all our problems... hehe
Post a Comment
<< Home