Review 2005
January :: For the 1st time in my life, I realise how sad one can be, losing someone so dear to you. Life still goes on, so, to my beloved husband, the best way to remember a person, is to live your life meaningfully and happily... We didn't really lose him completely. We still hv memories.
February ::
(1) 1st time we had CNY dinner without our families, but with a bunch of Singaporean students at CMU.
(2) 1st time making pineapple tarts at home.


(3) 1st Ski trip, 1st time at a ski resort... 1st time taking the lift up towards the mountain and almost stumble all the way down....
April :: First road trip to Washington DC, first time seeing cherry blossoms...
May :: Second road trip to the Niagara Falls, and Toronto, Canada.

June-August ::
(1) We took a short trip to HongKong with Bryan's Mum and Aunt, and also Cocoa's parents. We
also took a super rocky ferry ride to Macau from HK, with HonL as our guide. Most unforgetable thing is not about the most popular tourist spot at Macua, nor the several yummy handgifts we got from there, but was a visit to their police station to make a police report (my parent lost their camera) Mom was so sad. Not because of the camera, but the loss of all the precious photos we took over the last couple of days. well, I do have still have a few precio
us photos taken with my parents in HK...
At one of the MTR station, we spotted a billboard advertisement on weight loss/dieting programme... Doesn't this HK actor looks alot like Yew Ghee?? Hehehe.... we cldn't wait to snap this photo!
(2) Somewhere in Feb05, Bryan's brother asked us to try our luck at the HDB balloting website. After no consideration at all, we bid for the queenstown flat. It was at the perfect location (j
ust beside the Queenstown MRT station). We leave the decision to God to decide for us whether or not we shd own a flat now even though we won't be able to enjoy it for the next couple of years, or more. Soon we received good news from HDB. Therefore we flew back to Singapore in June to complete the purchase, and within a couple of weeks, collected our keys, visited the unit, and appointed an attorney to administer it... It is like a dream comes true...Buying our 1st place in Singapore. This is our new home, Queenstown, Forfar Heights.
September :: Marks the beginning of our weekly badminton session. With some of our friends leaving Pittsburgh in end Dec, we decided to take one last shot together...
October ::
(1) Made my 1st loaf of Bread, using a Bread machine.....
(2) A roadtrip to Virginia.
November ::
(1) Walking to Church, for the 1st time, on my own.
(2) Eating turkey on Thanksgiving Day for the 1st time in my life. Well, it does taste like chicken!
(3) Somehow, one Nov day afternoon, I was reading HonL's blog while chatting with him. It was something he said that hit on me that I can hv my very own blog. He mentioned that I dun need to be able to speak and write perfect English to set up my own blog, and that I cld write anything I want, anything I like, anything I feel like sharing with all my friends.... so, therefore, eventually, using very much of Singlish plus tons of grammer/tenses errors...I began posting.
December :: Trip to San Diego, California. A visit to the world class San Diego Zoo, Seaworld, and Wild Animal Park. (Dec14 ~ Dec20)








3 Comments:
oh yes. talking abt grammatical errors in blogs, nobody can beat honl. some of them look as if he types too fast. in the end, all the letters of the word are there but they're scrambled. hahahaa... so cute.
wow.. what a year!
Exactly! I read somewhere that it's a kind of disease that what someone writes is totally scrambled up! I always have the same problem too, esp in MSN/ICQ (simply because I never check, sorry that I brought you trouble, Anonymous).
But, I'm now more used to checking what I typed, as you *might* have found.
Post a Comment
<< Home