Do not worry
One worrying for his qualifier/exam results, cos things are not looking good.
One worrying for her husband, worrying over his qualifier/exam result.
A friend worrying over the rest of her life story, worrying whether she'll still be alone.
Another friend worrying over some issues that I dun even know how to describe here.
I've once read from the Bible that there is nothing good coming out from worrying abt things...
Matthew 6:25-27
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear.
Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?
Look at the birds of the air, they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? ...
Still, some ppl kept worrying for the most part of their life. From simple matter to complicated things, they can just go on worrying every minute and wasting their time just by worrying. But isn't that what I've been doing too for most of my time? When I tell ppl that it is meaningless to worry, and yet I am the one worrying abt everything in life? Is that really me? Why can't I simply devote the energy and turn them into something else?
We often worry abt things when a problem arises, yet not thinking the part on how to solve it.
Since we cannot predict what will happen next, why do we already worrying abt the possibilities? And negatively? Is that for preparing for the worst to come? Is that human nature?
ONe thing I am always telling myself, is to learn to accept the truth about life. It is always never a smooth path. Happily ever after is simply a fairy tale. It did not just end there too. It is followed by three dots (...) So, life goes on.
Everyone has happy and sad moments. Some ppl are simply more blessed in their life with fewer disasters. We cannot pursuit wisdom only by intellectual means, only those who've suffered gained valuable lessons from it, and with disasters gained wisdom, and is able to deal with it much better. When there are no bad times, you will never appreciate what is good in your life. When a crisis happens before you, it is a time where you learn how to accept it and then learn how to deal with it. When you open up your heart, there is nothing you cannot face.
Cocoa's philosophy : There are good times and bad times, one after another. It's a cycle. Good times always come after the bad. No one has the power to take charge in life. So make yourself stronger.


6 Comments:
Isn't it amazing that birds don't sow and reap, meaning they don't plant seeds and harvest fields. They don't gather grain/wheat to store in the barn but yet they are able to be fed and nourished. If only we can trust God for all our needs!
juz curious. worrying seems to be an innate ability of humans. is there a reason why we're bestowed with this capability of excessive contemplation and deliberation? this is just one of the many complex behaviors of humans that we seem to detest. isn't it better to embrace it and live with it?
over the years, i've learned that i just can't stop worrying, no matter how hard i try. however, it seems that if i channel all my energy at one go into worrying and do nothing else, it wears off after a while cos you just grow sick of it.
i wonder if god worries. so many prayers to him every single second. goodness.
I think that we worry because we have the ability to think, speculate, anticipate and plan. So with the ability to think, we start to anticipate unwanted outcomes, hence the worry. The "what if !@#$% should happen?" thought comes to us. So as long as you can more or less think, you tend to worry. I am not entirely sure if worrying is a capability of humans i.e. I think that worrying is a result of our cognitive abilities, not a cognitive ability in itself. Hahahaha, I feel like an idiotic philosopher or psychologist.
Anyway, the point I am trying to get to is that worrying is not so much a cognitive ability but more of a feeling - a fear that our cognitive musings may come true. If we were to put our trust in someone or something that can contraindicate our worst fears, we would stop worrying. For eg, you discussed with your examiner how the answer to an exam question should be. He tells you the answer and even lets you bring a copy of the answer to the exam. Surely there is nothing to worry about unless this examiner cannot be trusted! In this case, you plan to answer just as the examiner says and then you expect to get full marks, which is probably what you would like to happen. You basically trust that this examiner is true to his word, etc, hence no worries, sure get A!
I don't think God worries because He knows everything. We don't know everything so we worry.
There have been times in the earlier part of my life when I call myself a "t.b." (temporary believer). I will pray occasionally to God and especially when in trouble.
I once used to ask the same question too, abt God being too busy to answer prayers, and use it to explain why he hasn't been answering mine. But I was wrong.
God, by His wisdom, know what is right for us. So, believe and ask prayers in God's will, trust that He will answer all our prayers, when the time is right.
"Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete." John 16:24
to leng: ooo... u speak like u have undergone courses in psychology. NOBODY uses the word 'cognitive' other than those in psychology dept. i wonder if this word ever comes up in the bible. hmmm...
to cocoa: i guess u shd also give thanks for the wonderful things that happen in your life.
There are alot of wonderful things in my life, I give thanks to God for all of them.
One very good thing that God gives to me starts with the letter, B.
Post a Comment
<< Home