Friday, November 11, 2005

Playing Badminton

Today we've missed a badminton session.... (too bad, hubby too busy...)

I cldn't remember when we first started playing Badminton regularly every Friday....but it soon became an event I really look forward to every week.

Towards the end of my last visit back home in June-Aug, my mom surprised me with a farewell gift -- A brand new badminton racket (package complete with casing, shuttlecock and it comes with a bag too!) Needless to say, I was very very touched, and almost to "tears level". And;

Bryan was feeling guilty... (heeheehee)

Well, we've been shopping around for a racket for quite some time. We didn't buy it in the end becos cheaper rackets are too heavy for me, and I didn't like it... and then the good ones are way too expensive. Sigh..

Actually I know that Bryan really wouldn't mind paying for it. His only worry is on the fate of that racket, whether it is going to be like my pair of roller blading shoes. (I hardly uses them.)Well, it is definitely not me to blame... He seldom took me blading anymore... He's afraid that I'll get injured, he said no injuries before coming to the states.... (excuse, excuses...)

Well, lets focus on badminton instead. The last time I am ever seriously participating in sports is during schooldays.... (we call them ECA.) I was only Primary 4 when I joined the badminton club. I remember that we used to play outdoor, sharing half the court with basketball players under the sun. Thus, every week, I prayed for rain so that we can use the hall to play.

I'm never really a sport fanatic. I especially hate events under the sun. (even at the age of 10)

So naturally, I dun mind playing it now (cos we're playing it indoor) No need to share with others... Most of the players are new friends we've known in the states, but mostly Singaporean. They're all a bunch of very nice ppl. I dun meet a lot of nice ppl in my life, maybe I was really a bad kid growing up... so I especially treasure this newfound friendship. I've been laughing my head off lately... We've one joker player here who always likes to perform his "leaping stunt" , trying to save the ball. (hahahaha) he is really funny, trying to leap for the ball all the time ..... can really salute him. As for me, I really couldn't be bothered so much, no point risking my life just to save a ball knowing I could never reach. In other words, you gotta use some common sense here too... shd know what is possible and what's not, right?

Whatever it is... I'm really loving badminton now, so long I'm not playing against expert players....heez.

Here are some photos
to share...



Bryan "warming-up" or "cheering"???

I love teaming up with Bryan..
And here's the joker....

1 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home